The club was founded in May 1934 and known then as Greenacres Bowling Club.
Sometime around 1937 was when the club name changed to Sutton on Sea Bowling Club.
It is thought that the club first played their games in the gardens of Greenacre on the Alford Road.
This was also the home of a Mr Ingamells!
In 1936 the club changed greens and set up home in the grounds of the Bacchus Hotel.
The East Lincs League was formed in 1937 and consisted of just five teams.
And at this time we also formed a Ladies section.
In 1938 the then Vice President Mr Harry Hames gifted the club a new green sited were it is today.
Mr Hames also at his own expense, laid out the land as a bowling green and provided a clubhouse.
More to follow....